On May 2 2018 ASA is co-hosting a Panel Discussion on facts, law and diplomacy concerning Eastern Ghouta.
Topic: facts on sieges and forced displacement of civilians, failure of international law and diplomacy, and challenges for accountability.
• Hussam Alkatlaby, director Syrian Violations Documentation Centre (VDC)
• Dr Karin Wester, policy advisor Middle East & North Africa, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Joost Hiltermann, program director Middle east & North Africa, International Crisis Group (ICG)
• Kevin Jon Heller, associate professor Public International Law, ACIL, UvA
Moderator: dr. Frederiek de Vlaming (UvA)
• War Reparations Centre / Amsterdam Centre for International Law (ACIL),
• Amsterdam Students Association (ASA) International Law
• Syria Legal Network (SLN)
Wednesday 2 May 2018, 17.00-19.00 hrs
Location: Building A room 3.15, Roeterseiland Campus Amsterdam
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception